Friday, November 2, 2012

Poolsville Picks, Week #10


NCAAFConverter : IS BACK!


1.  Oklahoma - Iowa State (11point underdog ISU worth 2 bonus points)
NCAAFConverter : Clear sailing ahead.
 At first, I thought The Converter was predicting cloudy skies for the Sooners. However, upon closer review and a bit of reflection, it looks like the Sooners are putting those storm clouds in the proverbial rear-view mirror. The Converter calls it Oklahoma for the win; you can keep your bonus points, O Mayor of Poolsville.
 
* * *

2.  Texas A&M - Mississippi State (6 point underdog MSU worth a bonus point)
NCAAFConverter : What are YOU doing here?
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the Converter is conveying here. Yes, we have the two key ingredients for tomorrow's game - a bulldog, and a collie. But where did the terrier come from, and why? Is Wofford in the in the mix for future SEC expansion? The collie looks as confused as I am, but the bulldog just looks put out, with very little patience for either of these interlopers. I say State for the win, gimme that shiny bonus point.

* * *

3.  Oregon - USC (7 point underdog USC worth a bonus point)
NCAAFConverter : Trojan Ducks
Well, that seals it for me; if Oregon can adapt itself to a 2,500 year old combat ruse (more than once, no less!), the Ducks can do anything. Your shiny bonus point is attractive, O Mayor of  Poolsville, but I think The Converter has correctly divined the final outcome of this matchup. Oregon for the win.

* * *

4.  Oklahoma State - Kansas State (9 underdog OSU worth two bonus points)
NCAAFConverter : Never poke an angry Wildcat with a stick.
In the earliest days of NCAAFConverter, the machine was more focused on video clips than on images, and this game seems to have caused The Converter to wax nostalgic. No question on this one, you can go to the videotape; do NOT poke an angry wildcat with a stick. No no. Kansas State for the win.

* * *

5.  Alabama - LSU (9 point underdog LSU worth two bonus points)
NCAAFConverter : Elephant taps out?
Not this time, Converter; I disagree with this call. Yes, LSU may be the runner-up to last year's natty champ game, but I was there (metaphorically, that is) and I saw what I saw, I know what I know. No way Les Miles heps his Tigers up enough to take on a trained and disciplined elephant. No. LSU's gonna lay down like a kitten and purr softly for a 14+ point loss. Alabama for the win; you can keep your shiny bonus points. I'd rather eat grass!

Bonus - Arkie takes Tulsa in the second overtime Go Hogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment