Friday, September 13, 2013

Poolsville Picks 2013, Week #3

In the NCAAFConverter's defense, there can be no shame in going 2-3 or even 1-4 this week; I should have checked The Converter's vital fluids before the season began. I didn't pop the hood until just yesterday and what do you know; the bombast tank was bone-dry. Ordinarily, it takes at least a week to repressurize the bombast system; shame on me for topping it off and firing it up like it was a rental (this won;t be good for the long term life of the machine).

1.  TCU - Texas Tech (TCU by 3)
     NCAAFConverter : Armageddon on the high plains
Sadly, I was off gathering lint at kickoff: I sent in my weekly picks sometime in the first half, prior to carefully studying the preliminary results from The Converter (I "officially" picked TCU). But even a casual glance at the ticker tape would have told me The Converter knew the fix was in for Texas Tech. (As an aside, last winter, I had the privilege of touching down in Lubbock for the first time ever on a one-stop flight to Las Vegas. All I ever saw from the window of my SWA 737 was a trailer park connected to the airport by a dusty road, with an interstate headed off to the north, presumably to whatever passes for civilization in this godforsaken part of the world. Maybe that WAS Lubbock?)

2.  UCLA - Nebraska (Nebraska by 4)
     NCAAFConverter : Bear Corn?
Frank admission - The Converter pulled this image from the archives; the Mayor of Poolsville must have picked this match-up in a prior year. How can that be, can Nebraska-UCLA be a compelling match-up from year to year? All that can be said is "bear corn". NEBRASKA for the win.

3.  Alabama - Texas A&M (7 point underdog TAMU worth a bonus point)
     NCAAFConverter : surf's up
 I get it, NCAAFConverter; that's a collie dog, the water represents a tide or something, whatever, whatever! TAMU for the win in The Game of the Century (2013 Edition), and I will gladly take that bonus point, O Mayor of Poolsville.

4.  Ole Miss - Texas (Texas by 3)
     NCAAFConverter :  cattle rustler
It is easier to believe that Ole Miss's mascot is a black bear than it is to believe UT will win this game against a Hug Freeze-led team of heroes. UM for the win.

5.  Wisconsin - Arizona State (5 point underdog Wiscy worth a bonus point)
     NCAAFConverter : badger smackdown
 
 NCAAFConverter has shut down for the night; as best I can tell, it's WISCONSIN for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment