Friday, October 7, 2011

Week 5 - NCAAFConverter says....

NCAAFConverter was turned off this morning while I worked on evicting a few non-payment types (a/k/a rent dodgers) from a trailer park. But here were my humble picks, selected without help of my nifty machine (which is probably a good thing; the Converter gave no guidance on OSU-TAMU or Arkie-Bama, and it went 1 for 3 on the rest (how could "Indian in Death Valley" have missed the mark??), which I did turn in on time.

1. Arkansas - Texas A&M

I'll take Arkansas. We have tickets to the game so if we're trailing late, I may have my wife hop the rail and run around on the field wrapped in nothing but an Arkansas Razorbacks beach towel from WalMart; maybe that'll spark the team.

2. Michigan State - Ohio State

I'll take Michigan State.

3. Clemson - Virginia Tech

Having learned my lesson twice in a row, I'll take Clemson. I may not be an early adapter but I'm no dummy. By the way, you know the story about how Clemson got its name. It used to be the University of Clem, but the Regents thought the name was too humble so they conducted an on-campus contest many years ago to rebrand the school. "Clemson" was the winning entry, and not just because the name sounds much better, but because the letters actually stood for some of the lofty goals the school set for itself and its alumni (spirit, honor, knowledge).

4. Alabama - Florida

I'll take Alabama. The Tide will drop at least one game this year, but this is not the one.

5. Nebraska - Wisconsin (Nebraska worth four points)

I have to go with the Cornhuskers, especially since you have all those shiny bonus points hung on them. Nebraska has a lot to play for and they may very well play beyond their normal human abilities in unexplicable fashion. This not to say they got greatness in them (greatness apparently dwells only in Clemson at the moment) but for tomorrow's game, I'm not betting against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment